You Don’t Need Facebook to Use Bumble Anymore
Guess what? You’re free! Free of needing a Facebook account to access Bumble, that is. Why? Because you collectively raised your voices and asked for a way to keep building empowered relationships without having to share your data with Facebook. It’s entirely thanks to you — and our devoted engineers — that people have an alternative (and easy) way to join Bumble.
Here’s how to do it: If you’re a new user, you’ll be able to register and login with your phone number. That’s literally it! We’ve even gone a step further than other apps, many of which allow phone number registration but still share data. Bumble’s custom registration bypasses Facebook and any other third party altogether.
Your privacy will continue to be a top priority, and our moderation team will continue to preserve the Bumble experience. Continue to speak up! We’re always listening to what you need.
Here’s how to create an account without Facebook
- After downloading the app, you will arrive at the Bumble home page
- Beneath “Continue with Facebook” will be a new option titled “Use mobile number”
- You will select your country code + phone number
- After selecting “Continue” you’ll then be shown a pop-up to confirm your input phone number is correct
- After selecting “Confirm” there are two ways you can verify your mobile number:
- SMS Verification (this will be the default for all users in the US)
- Phone Call Verification (only to be used outside of the US)
- If you’re not eligible for SMS verification, you will receive a text with a 4-6 digit code.
- After completing either SMS or phone call verification, you’re ready to start creating your profile!
- Note that you’ll need to provide your gender, birthday, and name, since you aren’t pulling in the information from your Facebook account.
- Start matching!
Some important questions and answers
Wait, one more time: Do I need a Facebook account to join Bumble?
No! If you’re a new user, you’ll be able to register and login with either your phone number or your Facebook account.
That said, we do suggest using Facebook to help build your profile by importing your name, age, etc.. Reason being that it speeds up the sign-up process, as well as ensures the information on your profile is genuine and reliable.
If I already have a Bumble account (created with Facebook), can I switch to using my phone number?
In short, no. If you previously created an account via your Facebook login, you won’t be able to switch your account without deleting it and starting from scratch. That’s always an option, but you’ll lose your current and past matches and conversations.
If I don’t use connect via Facebook, how can I add new occupation and education information to my profile?
To add new job or school information just follow these simple steps:
- Click on your Profile Edit screen and select the section you would like to update.
- You can choose to input a personalized occupation and education, or select from our list of ‘General Occupations’ in the menu.
- If you’re an iPhone user, pull down on the screen to refresh and update your info.
- You can select any of your listed jobs or schools to display on your profile.
- If you change jobs at any point, or you want to change this information for any other reason, follow these steps again.