Bumble empowers women to Make the First Move in all matches. In same-gender matches, matches with two non-binary people, or matches between non-binary people and men, anyone can message first.
This is what makes our community unique, but we get that messaging first can feel daunting.
- If you’re anxious about finding a perfect opening line, we promise they don’t exist. Go with what feels right or try Question Game.
- Use some info from their profile to start a chat. It shows you’ve taken time to think and haven’t sent the same thing to anyone else.
- Once you’ve sent your opener, don’t sweat it. The ball’s in their court now!
And while originality is always best, sometimes the inspiration just isn’t there. Here are 5 openers that we know often get replies, so think along these lines:
- Are you a sleep-in-socks kind of person?
- Your profile just blew my mind
- First thing you do in the morning?
- What’s something that would make your day better?
- What’s the quickest way to win you over?