Welcome to the Hive! We’re so excited to have you join Bumble and here are our best tips to get you started…
Bumble offers three modes - Date, BFF, and Bizz. Date is to find your romantic connection, BFF mode is to find your new besties, and Bizz is to network professionally. You can choose to use one, two, or all of the modes at once and you can easily switch between each mode whenever you want.
Build your Profile:
It’s important for your profile to be filled out so other members can get a good idea of who you are and what you’re looking for.
- Verify your profile
- Add your work, education, and six clear photos
- Fill out your bio
- Add your Profile Badges and Profile Prompts (Tip: Add inviting statements or questions to your Prompts to help a match break the ice!)
- Link your Instagram or Spotify
Now that your profile is set up, let's explore how things work. When you open the app, you’ll be brought to the Swipe Deck where you can swipe yes (right) or no (left) on members. At the bottom of the screen, starting on the left, you’ll see a silhouette (settings page), the Hive (your Swipe Deck), a heart (your Beeline), and a chat bubble (your matches and conversations).
- Settings - this is where you can manage your purchases, view your profile as it’s seen by other members, edit your profile, and by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner, manage your account settings.
- Swipe Deck - this is where you can swipe yes or no on members
- Beeline - this is where you can view who has already liked your profile (note: this is only available to members who have Bumble Premium)
- Conversation / Match queue - this is where you’ll find your current matches and conversations.
How to Swipe and Start Conversations:
In your Swipe Deck, you’ll be able to swipe yes or no on profiles. If you swipe yes and the other member has already swiped yes, it’ll be a match! If the other member hasn’t swiped yes on you because they haven’t come across your profile yet but they do later, you’ll receive a match notification when that happens. Both members have to swipe yes in order for a match to form and a chat to start.
In heterosexual matches on Bumble, women are required to make the first move. Once a match is established, the woman will have 24 hours to make the first move, or the connection expires.
In same-gender matches, either person has the power to make the first move. Then, the other person has 24 hours to respond, or the connection expires.
We can’t wait to see the special connection you create! 💛
If you have questions about how Bumble works, please contact us here.