We aim to foster a diverse and inclusive community on Bumble For Friends. This means you should be respectful of other people’s beliefs, interests, and identities. We take a strong stance against identity-based hate.
We consider identity-based hate to be any content or conduct that promotes or condones any form of hate, dehumanization, degradation, or contempt against marginalized or minoritized communities based on the following protected attributes: race/ethnicity, national origin/nationality/immigration status, caste, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or serious health condition, or religion/belief.
This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Expressing threats, praises, or wishes of violence, death, or serious harm referencing protected attributes
- Using identity-based slurs or epithets to cause harm
- Supporting or glorifying known hate groups or sharing content, symbols, gestures, or imagery associated with hate groups
- Insulting, expressing contempt, advocating harm, using degrading or disparaging language (including harmful stereotypes, expressions of superiority, inferiority, or dismissal), mocking, or taunting others based on a protected attribute
- Denying the concept or severity of hate crimes or historical events
- Misgendering (i.e. intentionally using someone’s wrong pronouns or gender) or dead-naming (i.e. intentionally calling someone by a name they no longer identify with)
- Intentionally reporting members to Bumble For Friends for no reason other than their gender identity or other protected attributes
This also includes identity-based hate against public figures and people who aren’t members of our community.
While you may express the protected attributes of matches that you are looking for on your profile, we don’t allow you to express protected attributes of matches that you aren’t interested in. For example: You may state “I’m looking for a Muslim partner,” but you may not state “No Jews or Christians.” We don’t allow any preferences around someone’s caste to be shared on profiles.