Basic Info Badges:
Basic Info Badges are an easy way to share more about yourself on your Bumble profile without taking up space in your bio. We’ve found that the more information you have about yourself on your profile, the higher your chances are of making matches! Basic Info Badges are also used when setting Advanced Filters, so the more you add to your profile, the more likely you are to appear in other members’ searches and connect with members that share similar interests to you.
Follow these simple steps to add Basic Info Badges:
1. Tap on the gray silhouette on the bottom-left corner of your swipe queue.
2. Tap on "Complete my profile" under your picture to edit your profile.
3. Scroll down to “more about me,” and you will see the options for badges.
4. Fill out as many as you can!
Basic Info Badges are different in each mode so you filter exactly what you’re looking for. Below are examples of a few badges currently available on Bumble.
- Looking for: Let potential matches know whether you’re looking for something casual or serious.
- Star sign
- Drinking: Do you prefer a morning stroll with coffee in hand over a big night out? Or are you more of a “glass of wine on Friday night to wash away the week” kind of person? Whatever your preference, let your potential matches know what floats your boat!
- Kids: Do you already have kids? Is it a deal-breaker if someone doesn’t want kids? This is the perfect place to add that information.
- Language: you can specify the different languages you can speak.
- Looking for: Whether you’re looking for a roommate, a friend to try a new volunteer activity with, or someone with kids for playdates, this is a great badge to display what you’re hoping to spend time doing with potential friends.
- Relationship status: Double dates? Fellow single friends only?
- Have kids
- New to area
- Looking for: There’s no need to lose time connecting with professionals who aren’t interested in the same things. This is a great badge to make it clear if you’re looking for someone to mentor, potential investors, or an internship.
- Industry: Tech? Education? STEM? Fashion?
- Years of experience
On Bumble Date and BFF, you can add Interest Badges that will help your potential matches get a feel for all of the things you enjoy in life! To add these to your profile, follow these steps:
- Tap on the gray silhouette on the bottom-left corner of your Swipe Queue.
- Tap on "Complete my profile" under your picture to edit your profile.
- Scroll down “My interests” and tap the box to add up to 5 badges. Click “show more” in each category to see all the options.
Here are some examples of interests you can choose from:
- Sweet Tooth
- Takeout: Looking for a night in watching Netflix and enjoying the local Chinese food from down the road? This badge is perfect for helping to plan a chilled date night in.
- Beach: If you love the sun, can’t get enough of the waves, and live for summer days, this badge is for you!
- Winter Sports
- Pop Music
- Positivity: Love to have some good energy in your life? Give your potential matches an idea of the vibes you bring!
- Voter Rights
- New Here Badge: When someone recently joined Bumble, you’ll see a badge that says “New” on their profile to let you know that they’ve just joined the Hive and ready to find a great connection. Why not give them a warm welcome?