Basic Info Badges are an easy way to share more about yourself on your Bumble profile without taking up space in your bio. We’ve found that the more information you have about yourself on your profile, the higher your chances are of making matches! Basic Info badges are also used when setting advanced filters, so the more you add to your profile, the more likely you are to appear in other users’ searches and connect with users that share similar interests to you. Follow these steps to add Basic Info Badges:
- Tap on the grey silhouette on the bottom-left corner of your Swipe Queue.
- Tap on the pencil on the bottom-right corner of your picture to edit your profile.
- Underneath your Basic Info, you will see the options for badges.
- Fill out as many as you can!
Badges are different in each mode so you filter exactly what you’re looking for. These are examples of a few badges currently available on Bumble:
- Looking for: Let potential matches know whether you’re looking for something casual or serious
- Star sign
- Drinking: Hoping to avoid an unexpectedly sober date? Want to make sure you only match with dates who can keep up? This badge is for you.
- Kids: Do you already have kids? Is it a deal-breaker if someone doesn’t want kids? This is the perfect place to add that information.
- Looking for: Whether you’re looking for a roommate, a friend to try a new volunteer activity with, or someone with kids for playdates, this is a great badge to display what you’re hoping to spend time doing with potential friends.
- Relationship status: Double dates? Fellow single ladies only?
- Have kids
- New to area
- Looking for: There’s no need to lose time connecting with professionals who aren’t interested in the same things. This is a great badge to make it clear if you’re looking for someone to mentor, potential investors, or an internship.
- Industry: Tech? Education? STEM? Fashion?
- Years of experience