Physical and Sexual Violence
We don’t tolerate any content, imagery or behavior that commits or threatens credible acts of physical or sexual violence.
This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Threatening or committing any type of physical harm to another person
- Threatening or committing sexual assault of any kind, which we define as any unwanted physical contact or attempted physical contact that is sexual in nature. These behaviors can range from:
- Unwanted sexual touching or kissing of any body part, or attempts to do so
- The unwanted removal of another’s clothes
- Stealthing (i.e. the non-consensual removal of barrier contraceptives)
- Non-consensual sexual penetration or attempts to do so, which include but aren’t limited to: rape, non-consensual oral sex, sexual acts while one party is unconscious or unable to consent to sexual activity, or sexual acts induced by coercion or a substance
- Expressing credible threats of violence that would result in serious bodily injury or death
- Physical stalking (i.e. surveilling or showing up at someone’s location in order to intimidate or initiate unwanted contact)
- Using our platform to facilitate exploitation or human trafficking. We define human trafficking as “the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of adults through force, fraud or deception, with the aim of exploiting them for profit.” (UN Office on Drugs and Crime)
We strongly encourage our members to report this type of behavior if it occurs on the platform, in person between members, or elsewhere outside of the Bumble platform. Our specialized safety team can provide external resources for support. Since this behavior may also be criminal in nature, reporting to a local law enforcement authority may also be an option. If we become aware of any of the above conduct, we may take action against offending member accounts, and may also cooperate with law enforcement in any resulting criminal investigations.
For more information about how you can remain safe while meeting a match in-person, you can visit the Bumble Help Center.