Misinformation is false or misleading content that can quickly escalate into serious risks to individuals, communities, and institutions. Because of this, we don’t allow the sharing of demonstrably false or substantially misleading content that’s likely to cause serious harm or negatively impact individual or public safety.
This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Content that directly contradicts information and guidance from leading and reputable global health organizations and public health authorities that could result in injury or harm to the public, for example about COVID-19, monkeypox, or any other communicable disease or illness
- Any proposed cures for COVID-19 or any other illnesses not widely recognized as effective by leading and reputable global health organizations and public health authorities
- Demonstrably false or substantially misleading information regarding abortion care that is likely to cause serious harm. This does not prohibit members from voicing personal opinions or policy perspectives on the issue, as long as the information doesn’t intend to harm, mislead, or contradict leading and reputable public health authorities and the discussion remains respectful and doesn’t violate our Bullying and Abusive Conduct policy
- False claims or misleading information on any civic process (e.g. elections, voting systems, census, referendums, etc.)
- Dangerous and unproven conspiracy-type theories that may lead to individual or public safety concerns
- Content from or links to third party sites that are known to produce or contain misinformation
- Content that denies the concept or severity of hate crimes or historical events (See Identity-Based Hate)
- Any type of misinformation relating to political affairs aiming to influence political outcomes, or manipulate historical fact.
- Content that has been intentionally manipulated or taken out of context to spread false or misleading information.
Sharing any of the above content may lead to your content being removed and/or action being taken against your account.